Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers, implements a bag policy to provide a safer environment for guests while maintaining quick and efficient entry into the stadium. This article provides an overview of Lambeau Field bag policy, including the types of bags allowed, size restrictions, prohibited items, exceptions, where to purchase approved bags, bag check stations, and information on getting through security screening.
The purpose of this content is to inform Packers fans and Lambeau Field visitors of the stadium’s bag policy prior to game day. By summarizing the key details around permitted and prohibited bags, items, and procedures, fans can arrive prepared and experienced minimal delays entering Lambeau. This enables everyone to swiftly get to their seats so they don’t miss a moment of the action.
The scope of the article covers everything pertaining to Lambeau Field’s bag policy, from start to finish of the game day experience. This includes the policy highlights, how and where to obtain permissible bags, what to expect at security checkpoints, FAQs, and who to contact regarding questions or issues with bag restrictions. With this thorough guide, attendees can have confidence they are abiding by the bag policy and ready for seamless entry into the storied Lambeau Field stadium.
Types of Bags Allowed
Lambeau Field allows certain types of bags to be brought into the stadium. The main types of approved bags are:
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags: Fans can bring a clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag that does not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″. This is a great option for quickly getting through security while still being able to bring in necessities. These clear bags allow security to easily inspect contents.
- Small clutch purses: Approximately the size of a hand, clutch purses do not have to be clear but must be 4.5” x 6.5” or smaller. These provide a stylish bag option on game day.
- Exceptions for medical and childcare bags: Certain medical supplies and childcare items that cannot fit in the permitted bags will be allowed in following inspection at the gate. Fans should be prepared to show medical equipment and supplies.
There are various types of bags that are allowed in different settings and situations. In schools and workplaces, backpacks and laptop bags are commonly permitted as they provide a convenient way to carry books, laptops, and other essentials. Tote bags and messenger bags are also allowed in many places, as they are versatile and can be used for various purposes. When traveling, carry-on bags and checked bags are allowed on airplanes, each with specific size and weight restrictions. Additionally, in some venues like stadiums and concert halls, clear bags or small clutch bags are often required for security reasons. It is important to be aware of the specific bag regulations in different locations to ensure compliance and a hassle-free experience.
Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags along with clutch purses are the main approved bag types for all fans. Certain medical and childcare exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. Limiting bag sizes and types is meant to speed up gate entry and enhance security screenings. Fans are encouraged to use the approved bags to avoid denied entry.
Bag Size Restrictions
All bags entering Lambeau Field are restricted to a maximum size of 12″ x 6″ x 12″. This applies to purses, backpacks, fanny packs, camera bags, diaper bags, and any other type of bag.
Bags that exceed the 12″ x 6″ x 12″ limit will not be permitted into the stadium. There are no exceptions for oversized bags unless they are required for medical supplies or childcare purposes.
Medically necessary items including insulin, epi-pens, etc. as well as diapers, formula, juice boxes, and snacks for young children can be brought in using a bag that exceeds the size limit. Documentation or a doctor’s note may be required to bring medical bags into the stadium.
Strollers that meet the size requirement are allowed. Strollers that exceed the dimensions when open or folded will not be permitted.
Make sure to measure your bags before heading to the game. The size restrictions help maintain security and reduce wait times at the gates. Removing oversized bags from the lines allows screening personnel to focus on other prohibited items.
If you show up with a non-compliant bag, you will be directed to rent a clear plastic bag from one of the nearby kiosks or dispose of the item. Do not try to argue your way in with an oversized bag, as exceptions will only be made for documented medical supplies and childcare.
Prohibited Items as per Lambeau Field bag policy
Some of the prohibited items include:
- Backpacks of any size including drawstring bags
- Fanny packs and waist packs
- Purses or bags larger than a small clutch bag (4.5″ x 6.5″)
- Coolers or similar containers – any size, including lunch bags and small drink coolers
- Briefcases and luggage of any kind
- Seat cushions or seat backs larger than 15″ x 15″
- Strollers that do not collapse to fit under a seat
- Umbrellas of any size
- Beverages, food, snacks, etc. must be in a clear bag no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″
Other prohibited bags include binocular and camera bags, large traditional purses, portable chairs, stools or similar seating devices.
Any bag that is too large to be easily inspected and screened by security will not be allowed. The prohibited items list reduces the security risks and speeds up gate entry. Fans are encouraged to only bring permitted bags and leave all prohibited items at home or in their vehicles.
Certain bags are exempt from the standard bag policy, including:
- Medical bags: Bags needed for medical purposes (e.g. insulin, epi-pens) are allowed after inspection by security personnel. Documentation from a doctor may be required.
- Childcare bags: Parents/guardians are permitted to carry diaper bags and other childcare accessories. All bags will be thoroughly searched before entry.
- Other approved bags: Other bag types may be allowed on a case-by-case basis, at the discretion of security and management staff. Unique circumstances should be communicated with staff ahead of time if possible.
To get a special exemption, fans should visit the nearest bag check station and ask to speak to a security supervisor. Be prepared to show documentation and explain the circumstances. Exemptions are only granted on an individual basis; general policies still apply to all other visitors. If bringing medically necessary items, contact Lambeau Field ahead of time for guidance on proper procedures. This helps ensure a smooth entry process.
The Packers organization aims to make events safe and enjoyable for all. Contact guest services with any other questions related to the Lambeau Field bag policy exceptions.
Where to Purchase Approved Bags
There are several places near Lambeau Field to purchase clear plastic bags that meet the stadium’s size requirements. This ensures you will have an approved bag to bring into the game.
- The Packers Pro Shop located in the Atrium offers clear tote bags, backpacks, fanny packs, and purses in various sizes ranging from 12″ x 12″ to 16″ x 16″. The Purse small, medium, and large sizes meet the bag policy requirements. The Connected Clear Backpack is also an approved size. Packers merchandise and logos are featured on the bags.
- Nearby retailers such as Walmart, Meijer, Target, and Shopko sell a variety of clear plastic tote bags in approved sizes. Plain clear bags without any sports team logos can be found affordably at discount retailers.
- The NFL Shop located in the Stadium District has clear backpacks, totes, and fanny packs branded with the Packers logo and colors. The 16″ x 16″ and 12″ x 6″ x 12″ bags meet the Lambeau Field requirements.
- Local sporting goods stores such as Mills Fleet Farm and Dick’s Sporting Goods offer clear backpacks and totes in policy-approved dimensions. Look for transparent bags without any colored mesh or tinted plastic.
Having an approved clear bag before arriving at the stadium will make entering Lambeau Field quicker and easier. Bags purchased from the Packers Pro Shop, NFL Shop, or other licensed retailers will show your team spirit on game day.
Bag Check Stations
Fans should be prepared for bag checks at one of 14 bag check stations when entering Lambeau Field on game day. Bag check stations are located at stadium gates near the numbered entrance for that gate. For example, the bag check for Gate 1 is near the Gate 1 entrance.
All bags brought into Lambeau Field will be carefully inspected by security personnel. Be prepared to open your bag and have the contents examined. Security will look for prohibited items such as alcohol, weapons, or other dangerous objects that are not allowed inside the stadium. They will also check the size of your bag to ensure it complies with the permitted dimensions.
Bag checks are conducted for all fans’ safety and security. Fans are encouraged to arrive early, as lines at security can often get long, especially closer to game time. Standard wait times range from 10-30 minutes but may be longer for major games or if you arrive less than an hour before kickoff. Travel light, plan ahead, and pack patience.
Once your bag is cleared through the security check, you’ll receive a tag enabling that bag to enter the stadium. These quick but thorough checks are conducted to ensure a safe environment for everyone attending the game. If you have questions about the bag policy or what you can bring, check the signs posted at all entry gates or ask security personnel. They are there to help fans get into Lambeau Field smoothly and safely.
Getting Through Security
To have a smooth and speedy entry into Lambeau Field, follow these tips when going through security screening:
- Arrive at least 1 hour before kickoff to avoid long lines and delays at security checkpoints. Lines tend to be longest in the 30-60 minutes leading up to the start of the game.
- Only bring permitted items and permitted bag sizes to reduce time spent searching bags. Prohibited items will need to be discarded, causing holdups.
- Have bags open and ready for inspection when approaching security. This allows screeners to quickly glance inside. Don’t wait for them to ask you to open your bag.
- Avoid bringing bulky clothing that will need to be searched. This includes large jackets and coats, even on colder game days. Wearing layers that can easily be removed will speed things up.
- Be prepared for screening. Wear slip on shoes and have belts undone and metal items removed from pockets to make the security walkthroughs quicker.
- If possible, avoid peak times at popular gates. The South and Miller Lite gate often have more traffic. Try the Atrium or American Family Insurance gate instead.
- Have your mobile ticket ready to scan prior to the security checkpoint to avoid fumbling for it and slowing down the line.
- Only bring what you need inside. Don’t use bags to haul in extra stuff that could flag additional screening. Travel light.
- Be patient and cooperate fully with security personnel. Any attitude or frustration will only make the process slower. Remain calm and polite.
By following these tips and arriving early, you’ll breeze through security screening and get inside Lambeau Field smoothly. Proper preparation prevents poor performance!
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of bags are allowed in Lambeau Field?
The main types of bags allowed are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC totes/bags that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″. Small clutch purses/bags approximately the size of a hand are also permitted. Clear plastic freezer bags up to 1 gallon in size are allowed as well.
What items are prohibited from being brought into Lambeau Field?
Prohibited items include but are not limited to: large purses/bags, coolers, briefcases, fanny packs, backpacks, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags, and camera bags. Any bag larger than the approved 12″ x 6″ x 12″ clear tote size is prohibited.
Are there any exceptions to the Lambeau Field bag policy?
Yes, exceptions can be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the gate. Fans will need to present their medical bag or equipment to security for inspection. Other exceptions are made for diaper bags and small clutch purses (approximately the size of a hand) if they do not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”.
What should I do if I show up to Lambeau Field with a prohibited bag?
If you show up with a prohibited bag or container, you will not be allowed entry until the items have been returned to your vehicle. We strongly encourage all fans to review the carry-in policy beforehand to avoid delays entering Lambeau Field.
What if I need to bring prohibited items for medical reasons at Lambeau Field?
An exception can be made for necessary medical equipment and supplies after proper inspection at the gate. Please bring the medical items to the gate for inspection.
Let me know if you need me to expand on any of the frequently asked questions!
For additional questions about the Lambeau Field bag policy, please contact the Green Bay Packers guest services team:
- Phone: 920-569-7500
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/carry-in-policy
The guest services team is available Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm Central Time. You can also visit the guest services desk located on the main concourse near Section 109 if you have questions while attending an event.
The team is happy to answer any questions you may have about permissible bags, prohibited items, exceptions to the policy, and how to quickly get through security screening when entering Lambeau Field. Please reach out for assistance so you are fully prepared when arriving on gameday.
In conclusion, navigating the bag policies at renowned stadiums is essential for a smooth and enjoyable experience during sports events and live performances. Each venue, from Lambeau Field to Soldier Field Stadium, Gillette Stadium, and MetLife Stadium, has crafted specific regulations to prioritize security and streamline entry processes.
Understanding and adhering to the Lambeau Field Bag Policy is crucial for Packers fans, ensuring they can fully immerse themselves in the game-day excitement without any unnecessary interruptions. Similarly, being aware of the Soldier Field Stadium Bag Policy, Gillette Stadium Bag Policy, and MetLife Stadium Bag Policy is equally important when attending events at these iconic venues.
By familiarizing yourself with these stadium regulations, not only do you contribute to a safer environment, but you also optimize your overall experience. These guidelines are carefully designed to strike a balance between fan enjoyment and security measures, allowing everyone to focus on the thrill of cheering for their favorite team or reveling in live entertainment.
Whether you’re a Packers enthusiast, a Patriots supporter, or attending an event at any other celebrated venue, taking a proactive approach to understand and respect stadium bag policies ensures that your game day or live event experience is as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
José Martinez, a rising star in the world of sports commentary, brings 5 years of experience to our team. Holding a degree in Broadcasting, his analyses of sports stadiums offer a blend of insightful commentary and engaging storytelling. José's writing showcases the emotional resonance of stadiums within the context of the games.